Bihar Days

I spend the morning in Bihar, photographing the poor and lawless state’s various large ditches. (Expect to see some of the images in my forthcoming book, Various Large Ditches of the Third World.) In the afternoon I join Bihar’s Governor Devanand Konwar for lunch. We discuss the plans to build toilets throughout Bihar, so women and girls no longer have to “defecate in the open.” I warn him giving in to one demand only encourages women to make more demands. He insists on moving forward, saying the toilets will be installed by the year 2135, at least if everything goes according to schedule.

Comments

  1. That's right. You give them toilets, next they want a new couch, with doilies.I say nip that in the bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couches are set to arrive in the year 3000.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Brief Reviews of Movies I haven’t Seen