Arrival: Vaduz

I find myself in Vaduz, the largest city of Liechtenstein, a tiny redoubt of civilization located between bland Switzerland and corrupt Austria. Vaduz has no monorail, but per capita it does have numerous international banks (with catchy names like 'Liechtensteinische Landesbank Aktiengesellschaft'), enough to satisfy the most complex tax evasion and money laundering needs.

What truly sets Liechtenstein apart as a country is that it has not succumbed to the foolish democracy fad which has ruined all other modern nations. Liechtenstein is still ruled by a monarch, as it has been since the the Middle Ages (not coincidentally the last decent period in human history). The current head of state is Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein, a rather dashing fellow, and over dinner at Vaduz Castle he describes to me the wealth and happiness that flows to Liechtenstein's people as a result of its monarchical system (if you are surprised by that you have not read Hans-Hermann Hoppe).

I ask the Prince if he worries that others may become envious of the superiority of his country, and seek to harm it. He assures me that Liechtenstein is not a terror target. I reply I wasn't thinking of terrorists, I was thinking of people living in Western democracies, who must endure rule by mediocrities and endure the anguish of knowing they chose the mediocrities themselves (I think this dual burden is in part what is driving many in the West to extinction, or at least why there is so much road rage). The Prince laughs, and explains that Liechtenstein fears no one, not even America, as it is protected by an invisible force field powered by a device located beneath Vaduz Castle. Mental illness as a result of inbreeding is nothing new when it comes to royalty, and (in my opinion) being completely insane in no way detracts from Prince Hans-Adam II as a host. Tomorrow some convicted litterbugs (did I mention what a tidy city Vaduz is?) are being released from prison, and after giving them a 10 minute head start the Prince and I are going to hunt them with shotguns.

Comments

  1. The current head of state is Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein, a rather dashing fellow, and over dinner at Vaduz Castle he kamagra describes to me the wealth and happiness that flows to Liechtenstein's people as a result of its monarchical system (if you are surprised by that you have not read Hans-Hermann Hoppe).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Brief Reviews of Movies I haven’t Seen