Helsinki Formula

A blog called Lovelacen testi linked to one of my recent entries, with the comment:

kirjoitus "Reader Mail" arvostelee loput uutuuselokuvat näkemättä niitä, jottei minun tai kenenkään muunkaan tarvitse tehdä tätä.

I can't say I disagree. I can't say I agree either, as I have no idea what that means. After considerable thought, I've concluded Lovelacen testi’s posts are the ramblings of a dipsomaniac Hungarian with a speech impediment, phonetically transcribed by typists at an outsourcing center in Bombay whom he mistakenly telephones late at night, drunk and confused. Take, for example, this amusing bit of gobbeldygook, chosen at random from the Lovelacen testi webpage:

Toinen elokuvassa minua häirinnyt seikka oli se, että vaikka Crease vannoi tappavansa kaikki kidnappauksesta rahallisesti hyötyneet, hän antoi sitten kuitenkin kaikkien naisrikollisten elää. Ilmeisesti kyseessä ei vielä ole niin edgy hahmo, että hän olisi voinut tappaa naisia olematta itse seksikäs nainen. Mutta varmaan parin vuoden kuluttua näemme tämänkin. Minua ihmetytti myös, millaiset suolistokaasut sillä yhdellä meksikaanilla oli, kun miehen persuksiin työnnetty pommi räjähti valtavana tulipallona sen sijaan, että pamaus olisi vain levittänyt jauhelihaa ympäriinsä.

UPDATE: My good friend the noted thinker Professor Glen Morangie emails (from an undisclosed location) to inform me the above is clearly a variant of the ancient Lemurian language that the mysterious Voynich Manuscript was written in, and therefore makes perfect sense. Or would, if there were anyone alive who could read ancient Lemurian.

UPDATE II: I've learned that the text of the blog in question is not gobbledygook at all, but Finnish, a perfectly intelligible language invented by the Finn People in the early 19th Century in order to confuse outsiders, Swedes and Norwegians in particular. In this Finnish has proven to be a great success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Brief Reviews of Movies I haven’t Seen