Royal kidneys

A woman in France, Francoise Gaellar, believes she’s in possession of one of Princess Diana’s kidneys. She received a kidney transplant two days after Diana’s death, and claims to now be suffering an unusual side effect:

[Gaellar] says something strange happened following her operation - she found herself peppering her conversation with English phrases.
"I found myself speaking English to my friends, something I don't normally do because I have no reason to," she says. "I cannot explain why I did this."


Oddly, my good friend Professor Glen Morangie also claims to be in possession of one of Princess Diana’s kidneys, which he keeps in jar on his desk. He purchased his from a highly reputable dealer in curiosities who understandably wishes to remain anonymous.

The most disturbing aspect of Ms. Gaellar’s story (which has not been remarked upon elsewhere) is, if it turns out to be true, it would possibly mean that the cannibals, who thought one could acquire another person's attributes by eating him, were right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Brief Reviews of Movies I haven’t Seen